[ back to News ]
New Patents Expand Concert Pharmaceuticals’ Patent Estate of Deuterium-Based Therapeutics
25 Patents Issued Worldwide
January 18, 2012
Lexington, MA – Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc. announced the issuance of several new patents relating to specific compounds derived from its DCE Platform™ (Deuterated Chemical Entity Platform), bringing its patent estate to 25 issued patents worldwide, including 18 issued U.S. patents. In addition to the issued patents, Concert has pending patent applications in the US, Europe, Japan and other countries on over 70 deuterated drug families.
Most recently, the USPTO issued the following patents:
- No. 8,003,646: deuterated sub-type selective GABA(A) modulators including C-21191, which is in preclinical development for pain and spasticity in MS and neurological conditions and for anxiety disorders;
- No. 7,973,049: deuterated derivatives of dextromethorphan, including C-10003, which is in preclinical development for the treatment of neurological diseases;
- No. 8,080,549 and No. 8,071,596: deuterated derivatives of bosentan, an endothelin receptor antagonist for the treatment of pulmonary artery hypertension;
- No. 8,084,464: deuterated derivatives of almorexant, a dual orexin receptor antagonist for the treatment of insomnia;
- No. 8,013,007: deuterated derivatives of silodosin, an alpha-1 adrenoceptor antagonist for the treatment of the symptoms of an enlarged prostate;
- No. 7,994,194: deuterated derivatives of elvitegravir, an investigational integrase inhibitor for the treatment of HIV infection; and
- No. 7,985,750: deuterated derivatives of rivaroxaban, a coagulation factor Xa inhibitor, for the treatment of thrombosis, pulmonary embolism and stroke.
About Deuterium Modification
Concert Pharmaceuticals specializes in the use of precision deuterium chemistry to create new chemical entities (NCEs) with unique properties based on known, pharmacologically active compounds. By selectively replacing one or more hydrogen atoms with deuterium, a stable and non-radioactive isotope of hydrogen, the company has been able to effect significant changes to the absorption, distribution, metabolism, or excretion (ADME) profile of a number of compounds with the potential for improvements in safety, tolerability, and/or efficacy.
Concert Pharmaceuticals is a clinical stage biotechnology company focused on applying the company’s DCE Platform™ (deuterated chemical entity platform) to create novel and differentiated small molecule drugs. Concert’s approach leverages decades of pharmaceutical and clinical experience to reduce the time, risk and expense needed to create important new medicines. The company has a broad research pipeline encompassing many therapeutic areas including antiviral disease, renal disease, and CNS disorders, among others. Founded in 2006, Concert has raised more than $110 million of venture and institutional capital. For more information on Concert Pharmaceuticals, please visit www.concertpharma.com.
Concert Pharmaceuticals, the CoNCERT logo and the DCE Platform are trademarks of Concert Pharmaceuticals, Inc.
[ back to top ]