[ back to News ]
Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® award semi-finalists in New England announced
April 15, 2010
Boston, MA ––
Ernst & Young LLP is pleased to announce the semi-finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® award in New England. This group of outstanding entrepreneurs was selected by an independent judging panel made up of regional business, academic and community leaders. Finalists will be announced in May, with the winners revealed at a gala event on June 24 at the Renaissance Boston Waterfront Hotel.
“For the past 24 years, Ernst & Young has honored the best entrepreneurs through our Entrepreneur Of The Year program,” said Kristin Keating, Ernst & Young LLP Entrepreneur Of The Year Program Chair for New England. “We recognize the tremendous impact these entrepreneurs have in New England. They are truly on the forefront of the economic recovery.”
The New England semi-finalists for the Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year award in 2010 are:
- BackOffice Associates, LLC– Patricia Kennedy
- Best Doctors, Inc.—David Seligman
- Bidding for Good (formerly cMarket) – Jonathan Carson
- Brainshark – Joseph Gustafson (2003 and 2007 nominee)
- Cambridge NanoTech – Jill Becker
- Carbonite – David Friend
- Care.com—Sheila Lirio Marcelo
- Cedar Point Communications – JC Murphy
- Cellular Specialties – Bruce Wilson
- Concert Pharmaceuticals—Dr Roger Tung
- CSN Stores LLC—Niraj Shah
- Double-Take Software--Dean Goodermote
- Dyax Corp—Henry Blair
- Eastern Mountain Sports—William Manzer and Bob Mayerson
- Eating Well, Inc.—Thomas Witschi
- Epizyme, Inc.—Dr Kazumi Shiosaki
- FloDesign- Stanley Kowalski, III (2009 Finalist)
- Gazelle—Israel Ganot (2009 Finalist)
- GlassHouse Technologies—Mark Shirman
- Granite Telecommunications – Robert Hale
- Higher One—Miles Lasater—COO and Mark Volcheck—CFO
- HubSpot – Brian Halligan (2009 Finalist)
- Integrated Process Technologies – Christopher Sandusky
- ITechUS-- Kishore Khandavalli (2009 Finalist)
- LogMeIn, Inc--Michael Simon (Regional Finalist 2006, 2008)
- Lupoli Companies—Salvatore Lupoli
- MicroFinancial Inc. –Richard Latour
- Mobile Medical International Corp.—Rick Cochran
- Moobella—Bruce Ginsberg
- Narragansett Brewing Company—Mark Hellendrung
- Odyssey Systems Consulting Group—Michael Sweat
- PatientsLikeMe—Benjamin Heywood, James Heywood and Jeff Cole (co-founders)
- PhaseForward – Robert Weiler
- PlumChoice – Theodore Werth
- Pluromed—Jean-Marie Vogel
- PowerAdvocate – Daniel Paul Sullivan (2009 Finalist)
- Rypos – Peter Bransfield
- Unidine—Richard Schenkel
- Vette Corporation – George Dannecker
- Veracode—Matthew Moynahan (2009 Finalist)
- Verdasys – Seth Birnbaum (2009 Finalist)
- Where Inc.—Walter Doyle
- Woodmeister Master Builders—Theodore Goodnow
- ZOLL Medical Corporation– Richard Packer
- Zyacorp – Mark Adam (2009 Finalist)
The Entrepreneur Of The Year® program honors entrepreneurs regionally in June, leading up to the national awards in November. Additionally, venture-backed companies that win an Entrepreneur Of The Year® award regionally are also eligible for the Venture Capital Award of Excellence on a national level. The overall national US winner then moves on to compete for the World Entrepreneur Of The Year title in June.
This year, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards program celebrates its 24th anniversary. The program has expanded to recognize business leaders in over 135 cities in 50 countries throughout the world. Awards are given to entrepreneurs who demonstrate extraordinary success in the areas of innovation, financial performance and personal commitment to their businesses and communities. Entrepreneurs are nominated and evaluated by those in each region, including local business, academic and community leaders.
All regional honorees are invited to the national Entrepreneur Of The Year® gala, hosted by Jay Leno, on November 13, 2010 in Palm Springs, California. The gala is the culminating event of the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum®, the nation’s most prestigious gathering of high-growth, market-leading companies. For more information on the Ernst & Young Strategic Growth Forum, please visit http://www.ey.com/us/strategicgrowthforum.
Founded and produced by Ernst & Young LLP, the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards are pleased to have the Ewing Marion Kauffman Foundation and SAP America as national sponsors.
In New England sponsors include Boston Magazine, J. Robert Scott, Marsh, Nixon Peabody LLP, Accounting Management Solutions, Bowne and Regan Communications Group.
To make reservations for the Entrepreneur Of The Year awards gala on June 24, contact Kara Saliba, of Ernst & Young LLP at 617.585.0702 or firstname.lastname@example.org by June 10th. Tickets are $200.00 per person. For more information about the program, please visit http://www.ey.com/us/eoy.
About Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year®
Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneur Of The Year® is the world’s most prestigious business award for entrepreneurs. The award makes a difference through the unique way it encourages entrepreneurial activity among those with potential and recognizes the contribution of people who inspire others with their vision, leadership and achievement. As the first and only truly global award of its kind, Ernst & Young Entrepreneur Of The Year® celebrates those who are building and leading successful, growing and dynamic businesses, recognizing them through regional, national and global awards programs in more than 135 cities in 50 countries.
About Ernst & Young
Ernst & Young is a global leader in assurance, tax, transaction and advisory services. Worldwide, our 144,000 people are united by our shared values and an unwavering commitment to quality. We make a difference by helping our people, our clients and our wider communities achieve their potential.
For more information, please visit http://www.ey.com.
Ernst & Young refers to the global organization of member firms of Ernst & Young Global Limited, each of which is a separate legal entity. Ernst & Young LLP is a client-serving member firm of Ernst & Young Global Limited located in the U.S.
[ back to top ]